Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 1

So I need more accountability with my running than just a nike plus app. Hopefully if I document it here I can see why my runs sometimes feel awesome, why they sometimes suck and why I sometimes just have the runs. Ok just kidding I won't talk about that too often but if you run you know what I mean.

So today was HOT and humid for San Diego standards. It kicked my butt. If I was still in Okinawa this would have been a cool fall day. Don't get me wrong I still prefer this to the really dry weather where my chest is screaming on fire!  I ran a slow 3 miles on my usual out and back route from my house. I averaged 10:57 pace which is really slow!  My first mile was 9:52 which should be my overall average then 11:54 and 11:04. I drank my entire 750 ml water bottle when I usually only drink 1/3 of it. Now I'm sipping another full bottle and chowing down on some brown rice with sweet and spicy tuna and soy sauce. For breakfast I had a multi grain Trader Joes English muffin with cream cheese and some berries and grapes. Around 10am I had a TJs pumpkin Greek yogurt (tis the season!). My run started at 11. So before this turns into a boring list of everything I did today here's a cute pic of my running partner. Hopefully we can switch places for our next run!

No comments:

Post a Comment